A one-to-one script reading and feedback service to take your play to the next level.
Could you do with some feedback on your play? Are you stuck on how to improve your first draft? Or are you polishing up a script to submit to a theatre? Well, did you know that London Playwrights’ Blog offers a script consulting service where you can receive detailed feedback from a member of our experienced team?
We think that feedback is the most useful when you can ask questions and focus on particular areas of concern – especially if you can build rapport with the person giving you feedback. We don’t think this can be done as effectively in a written report, plus we really like to get know other writers; so, our feedback is given via Skype. To make sure you get the most out of the consultation, we’ll also send you a set of detailed follow up notes.
We’re all playwrights ourselves so we know how important constructive feedback is for developing our work but with so few resources, we also we know how hard it is to come by. Plus, we’re clued up on what kind of feedback sends you running to your laptop fueled with inspiration and the kind that makes you want to bang your head against a brick wall.
Between us, we’ve got lots of experience: we’ve worked as playwriting tutors at RADA, read scripts for Theatre 503, the Bush, the Finborough and the Old Red Lion. As writers, we’ve had worked performed at the Birmingham Rep, Soho Theatre, RADA, Southwark Playhouse, Theatre503, Rose Theatre Bankside, The Globe, and the Tristan Bates Theatre, to name but a few!
We love plays, we love theatre and we love writing – so rest assured that your play is going to get read by someone who is genuinely interested and passionate about developing plays.
How it all works:
- Send us your details by filling out our application form – this is just so we can make sure you get the most out of the service by tailoring it to your needs.
- We’ll get in touch for a quick chat about your play and you’ll then be matched with a member of our team – someone who we think is well suited to your work.
- We’ll read your play and then give you feedback in the form of a 90 minute Skype conversation.
- You’ll receive a set of detailed follow up notes so you can get cracking with your next draft.
We’re really keen to develop relationships with writers so we offer a discount if you want to use the service again for subsequent drafts of your play.
Price for Members: £150 (£120 for subsequent drafts of the same play – click here to find out more about becoming a member!)
Price for non-Members: £200 (£150 for subsequent drafts of the same play)
We’ve tried to keep this affordable for writers while also ensuring a fair wage for the people reading it to ensure your script gets the full amount of time and attention it deserves.
Followup sessions: Our service is designed to ensure that you have all the information you need to take your play forwards after one script consulting session. However, we also recognise that some people prefer to be supported through more than one draft; in this instance, a reduced fee is available since there is a bit less work involved for the reader, who is already familiar with the world of your play.
The fine print/T&C’s:
- We can only work with writers aged 18 and older.
- The fee will be payable by BACS, and you will receive an invoice after submitting the application form. We’ll get you scheduled in and start the reading process as soon as we’ve received your payment.
- You can expect a response from us within 48 hours of submitting your workshop submission form to the email address below.
- We will schedule your script consulting session for a time within two weeks of when payment is received.
- If for any reason we are not able to accommodate you to provide feedback within two weeks of payment, we will notify you at this stage and provide an opportunity for a full refund.
How to book: Please send us your details by filling in our short application form and emailing it to us at email@example.com
Download the application form here:Download
We look forward to supporting your writing!