Following the success of last year’s One Festival, The Space is delighted to once more open its doors to new acting, writing and directing talent. The One Festival is a showcase of monologues featuring work from a wide range of theatre professionals. With an exciting blend of work split into four programmes over two weeks, the One Festival is an extension of The Space’s commitment to produce work that is accessible, ambitious and inventive. The festival will run from 22nd Jan – 2nd February 2014 at the Space.
What to submit: They will accept anything from a short piece, one act or full length play – the only restriction is that it must be performed by one performer. A synopsis of the piece (150 words or less) must also be provided.
How to apply: The Festival Proposal Form can be found on their website. Completed applications can be sent to Adam Hemming at email@example.com.
What you get: Participants of the One festival will receive:
- A welcoming and supportive environment
- Box office splits
- Marketing and Production support
- A full box office service (online, phone and door sales)
- Entry on our website, season brochure and fortnightly e-newsletters
Festival schedule: The programme dates will run as follows:-
- Programme A: Wednesday 22nd Jan, Saturday 25th Jan (evening), Sunday 2nd Feb (matinee)
- Programme B: Thursday 23rd Jan, Sunday 26th Jan (matinee), Friday 31st Jan
- Programme C: Friday 24th Jan, Wednesday 29th Jan, Saturday 1st Feb (matinee)
- Programme D: Saturday 25th Jan (matinee), Thursday 30th Jan, Saturday 1st Feb (evening)
All performances are evening slots unless a matinee is specified above. Please state your preferred programme, if any, with your returned application form.
Deadline: 18 October 2013 at 5pm
Source: The Space Website