ANPF’s flagship festival is an international playwright competition that culminates in the reading of four new plays chosen from hundreds of submissions by a cadre of volunteer readers.
This unique and much-loved five-day festival in Ashland, Oregon, features professional actors from Oregon Shakespeare Festival and the community. The event includes rehearsals and two staged readings of each winning play.
The winning playwrights receive a $1,500 stipend and local accommodations. There is a $15 submission fee.
Click here to view the complete list of criteria and to learn how to submit your work.
Here is a partial list of criteria:
- Legibly typed in 12-point font in standard play script format with 1′′ margins; characters’ names centered above dialogue
- Full-length drama or comedy, intermission preferred – 80 minutes minimum running time if no intermission; 95 – 120 minutes with one intermission
- Previously unproduced (See our Definitions)
- Maximum 8 characters; doubling allowed provided a doubling plan is included with the cast list
- The submitting author is the sole owner of the copyright of the script
- No indication of authorship on any of the pages (“blinded”)
- The ANPF 2018 Fall Festival will take place October 17-21, 2018.
Deadline: 31 December 2017 OR when 400 scripts are received, whichever comes first. A running tally of submissions will be shown on their website.
Source: direct contact