BBC Writersroom’s regular window for unsolicited scripts is open between 10am on Monday 17thApril 2017 and 5pm on Monday 15th May 2017 for Comedy scripts (TV, film, radio, stage or online).
“This year we are asking writers to tell us which 10 consecutive pages of their script to read first. Which 10 pages do you think make your characters really shine, that will grab us, make us laugh and want to read more?”
In their words:
- Please mark clearly on your cover page which 10 consecutive pages you would like us to read first.
- If you need to put them into context with a line or two on the cover page then please do.
- IF YOU DO NOT INDICATE YOUR PREFERRED 10 CONSECUTIVE PAGES WE WILL READ THE FIRST 10.
- If you progress to the full script stage we will of course be reading it from start to finish.
How to submit: you can find all the guidelines as well as details on submitting via the BBC’s e-submissions system here.
Writers will be asked to submit:
- 1 comedy script of at least 30 minutes / pages in length for TV, Film, Radio, Stage or Online*
- Details on your cover page of which 10 pages to read first. Add context if you need to.
- A brief biography of your writing to date (up to 1 paragraph) to be included on your profile
- If you are submitting an episode script for a series/serial, you may also attach a brief outline (1-3 pages) of further episodes and the series/serial as a whole. This should be attached as a separate PDF document to your script
Your script should be a saved as a single PDF document of no more than 10MB in size.
All scripts will be read “blind” i.e. without a name attached, until after full-read stage. Please remember to remove your name and contact details from your script.
*If you are submitting a sample script for Children’s TV or Online, you are welcome to submit 2 x 15 min episodes as a single PDF document.
Deadline: 15 May 2017 at 5pm
Source: BBC Writers room