Submissions are now open to the Lost Theatre’s 33rd Annual One Act Festival from Monday 29 May to Saturday 3 June 2017.
The winning show will receive £400. Also, an author, selected by the festival committee, will have the chance to get a piece of their work work-shopped and then shown on the stage at the 180 seat theatre just 7 minutes walks from Stockwell Tube Station.
What you get: If your entry is accepted by the festival artistic committee, you will be offered the following:
- An evening performance slot at the Lost Theatre, which will include 10 minutes get-in, the performance period as detailed in your entry form plus 5 minutes get-out. Keep within the 20-45 minute time slot.
- A technical/dress rehearsal on the day of your performance. This will be your only opportunity to rehearse the show in the venue prior to your performance.
- A technical operator and an overall festival manager will be present for your technical/dress rehearsal and performance. No outside technical staff can operate. Outside technical staff may not be backstage unless by prior arrangement.
- Full administration including publicity and insurance.
- A presenter to introduce and MC the whole evening.
- Substantial discounts on lost’s normal rehearsal room hire rates.
Entry fee: Lost is a non profit-making company so in order to cover costs it asks that each company pay a non-refundable fee of £60. This is payable on your acceptance of the slot offered. This fee goes towards covers administration, publicity & running costs.
What to submit:
- Does the entry have to be a new piece? Lost like to have a mix of both new and existing published work. So if there is a well-known short play that you would like to try directing that is fine. Alternatively, if you have a piece that is in the early stages of development – that too is also fine.
- Can the submission be another performance genre such as poerty, musical theatre, or devised theatre? Yes, Lost accept entries from all performance genres. However for non-dialogue pieces Lost would need to see a basic script and if possible a DVD recording of the show or previous pieces performed by the company.
- Please read the rules and regs
How to apply: Fill in the form at this link
Deadline: Sunday 2 April 2017 at midnight
Source: Lost Theatre