While not strictly for playwrights this may be of interest to all you creatives out there…
The London Short Film Festival is looking for submissions as it returns for it’s 15th anniversary from 5-14 January 2018.
LSFF says it accepts both UK and international submissions “presenting a diverse and confrontational programme that holds up a mirror to our rapidly changing world.
“We screen over 450 films each year bringing London audiences the freshest new talent from around the globe, as well as providing a platform for both emerging and established filmmakers.”
What to submit:
- LSFF is a BAFTA affiliated Festival (for UK submissions only) – accepted UK filmmakers can apply for the 2018 BAFTAs, as long as they are also accepted by a second BAFTA affiliated Festival (please check current BAFTA rules & regulations)
- Submissions are open to short films from every genre – drama, comedy, horror & sci-fi, documentary, experimental, animation, music, viral and low-budget work.
- Films must have been completed after August 2016.
- Films must be no longer than 45 minutes.
- LSFF does not require any premiere status.
- LSFF accepts UK and international submissions.
- Should your film be selected, you will be required to provide a Quicktime ProRes file and a DCP of your film.
How to apply: Via this link
- UK Early bird deadline — Friday 21 April: $20
- UK Regular deadline — Friday 30 June: $25
- UK Late deadline — Monday 21 August: $38
- Lo-budget films under 5 minutes — $6.50 (all deadlines)
- International Early bird deadline — Friday 21 April: $28
- International Regular deadline — Friday 30 June: $38
- International Lo-budget films under 5 minutes — $15 (all deadlines)
- Please note that as Film Freeway is used as the submissions platform, all transactions are listed in $ but reflect LSFF’s usual GBP pricing.
Deadline: various as listed above, but final UK deadline is 21 August 2017
Source: Kevin Spacey Foundation