If you’ve started making some money from your writing and have no idea how to handle your tax responsibilities, here’s an opportunity for some free advice. Ideastap will be running a Spa Event titled ‘The Business: Tax Talk for Freelancers‘ with Bambridge accountants on Tuesday 24 September from 6.00-7.30pm.
Full Description: The event will cover:
- Self-employed status: what work the HMRC defines as “self-employed” (and why)
- Registering: getting setup and obtaining a Unique Tax Reference (UTR) number
- Documentation: contracts, receipts, what to keep and why
- National Insurance contributions: how it works and how to pay
- Tax Returns: how to file and what you can reasonably claim
- Saving & Paying: advice on paying the tax man when your employer doesn’t do it for you
This event open to all disciplines will be tailored for the creative industries. Bear in mind independent bespoke advice could likely be needed beyond this event, but bring your questions and general concerns on tax and finance to understand all those things you’ve been ignoring for months.
How to book: Tickets can be booked for free through the event webpage here:
About the facilitators: Bambridge Accountants LLP is an accounting, business consulting and tax advisory practice who specialise in the creative industrires, including actors, dancers, theatre, new media and US tax. It is a member firm of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales. Looking after the financial and fiscal needs of many clients, they focus relationships on trust, understanding and independence, through the provision of cost effective, timely and relevant advice.
Source: Ideastap e-newsletter