- Beyond Words: Plays that script the physical, the visual, the digital or the aural – new texts for new mediums
- In Other Words: Plays that are multilingual, for multilingual audiences, or have been translated into English from their original language
- Choice of Words: Scripts that have been developed with actors, directors, co-writers or dramaturgs as part of a workshop or devised process
- Our Own Words: Plays written for the writer themselves to perform, plays exploring autobiography or memoir
What to submit: One acts as well as full length plays will be accepted. Musicals will be accepted within reason and selection will be resource dependent.
- An 80 word synopsis of your play
- A 50 word motivation detailing how and why it fits one of the WPI 2015 themes
- A 50 word biography of the playwright
- Your country of residence
- A brief production/development history of the submitted play (if applicable).
- Please note: Your synopsis must be in English, and your full script should be 75% English, or translated into English
- Your play must have a maximum of 8 characters
Additional information can be found in their online newsletter, available here or at the following link:
Deadline: 1 December 2013