BBC Writersroom’s regular window for unsolicited scripts is open between 10am on Friday 9th December 2016 and 5pm on Monday 9th January 2017 for Drama scripts (TV, film, radio, stage or online).
What to submit: Writers will be asked to submit:
- 1 drama script of at least 30 minutes / pages in length for TV, Film, Radio, Stage or Online*
- A brief biography of your writing to date (up to 1 paragraph) to be included on your profile
- If you are submitting an episode script for a series/serial, you may also attach a brief outline (1-3 pages) of further episodes and the series/serial as a whole. This should be attached as a separate PDF document to your script
Your script should be a saved as a single PDF document of no more than 10MB in size.
All scripts will be read “blind” i.e. without a name attached, until after full-read stage. Please remember to remove your name and contact details from your script.
*If you are submitting a sample script for Children’s TV or Online, you are welcome to submit 2 x 15 min episodes as a single PDF document.
How to apply: The link to submit your script via their e-submissions system will activate at 10am on Friday 9th December. You will only be able to submit your script during the time the window is open.
Additional guidance: The BBC offers a number of online resource for those who want to send in a script.
- Find out more about the Script Room system, including what we look for.
- Script Room Terms and Conditions including what we accept and what we do not accept and FAQs
- Explore a collection of advice and resources for writing Drama including blogs, interviews and scripts.
- View and download example Script Formats.
- Visit the Script library to read scripts
Deadline: Monday 9 January 2017 at 5pm* (Note: submissions do not open until 9 December, so you cannot submit before that time!)
Source: BBC Writersroom