Playwrights from anywhere are invited to enter Sussex Playwrights competition to write a 30-minute thriller/mystery radio drama for two to six actors.
What you get: You could win a rehearsed “script-in-hand” reading with a discussion before an audience of members, writers’ family and friends and a recording of your reading.
First prize £150
Second prize £75
Third prize £50
All shortlisted entries will be read by a radio producer, with the possibility of further commissions.
What you pay: Non-members’ entry fee: £7 per script.
Send a cheque to: The Constance Cox Playwriting Competition
c/o 42 Abbey Road
What to submit: Your entry should meet the following requirements:
- They don’t accept monologues or musicals
- All plays must be written in English
- All plays must be the original work of the writer and not an adaptation
- They must not have been staged before a paying audience, broadcast or published, nor previously been given a reading at Sussex Playwrights
- Your script must be suitable for general audiences
How to apply: Attach your script as a PDF with all pages clearly numbered. Email each script entry in a separate email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your email subject line: Constance Cox / play’s title / writer’s pseudonym.
Include in the text of your email: Play’s title/ Writer’s real name/ Postal address/ Telephone/ E-mail contact. No printed copies. The title page must contain the play’s title and writer’s pseudonym.
Deadline: 31 December 2016