Emerald Theatre is now seeking scripts for ‘Out of the Closet‘.
What to submit: Scripts are being accepted in two categories.
Category 1: An LGBT individual’s self-disclosure about their sexual orientation.
Category 2: Any interpretation of “Out of the Closet” literal or figurative.
- Plays may be comedy or drama.
- Both individual authors and collaborative teams are eligible.
- Submissions must be original, unproduced plays.
- Contestants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Running time must be between five and ten minutes.
- No monologues, musicals or children’s plays.
- Playwrights may submit one play in each category.
- Plays will be staged in a black box setting (there will be no set beyond a closet door). Please write accordingly.
Entry fee: There is a $10 entry fee for each play entered.
Prize: The Grand Prize Winner will receive $200, a trophy and production of their play. First Prize winner will receive $150 and production of their play. An additional four to six runner-up scripts will also be produced. Winning plays will be staged at Theatreworks 9-11 September 2016.
How to apply: Applicants must follow the following guidelines and submit by mail.
- Submit 2 copies of your 10-minute script.
- Your name should not appear on your script.
- Include a cover sheet with your name, address, phone number, email address and the title (s) of your play(s).
- Enclose a $10.00 entry fee for each play entered. Make checks payable to Emerald Theatre Company.
Caroline at “Out of the Closet”
P.O. Box 41408
Memphis, TN 38174
Deadline: 30 June 2016
Source: Direct contact