The 2016 Alfred Fagon Award for Best New Play of the Year supported by the Peggy Ramsay Foundation, is now open for applications. The winner will receive £6000.
Eligibility and Criteria:
- The Award is open to any playwright of Caribbean or African descent, resident in the UK, for the best original, new stage play in English.
- Plays must be full length.
- The play does not need to have been produced. However, if it has, only plays produced since August 2015 will be considered.
- Each submitted play must be accompanied by a CV, confirming the writer’s Caribbean and/or African heritage and residency in the UK along with a brief synopsis of the play. (CV must also include your email address and a contact telephone number).
- Each entrant can submit only one play. A play may also be nominated by a third party with the writer’s consent (e.g. via an agent)
- Television, radio plays and film scripts will not be considered.
- New as well as established writers are encouraged to enter.
How to apply: Send in your 2 copies of your play, accompanied by a CV confirming your Caribbean and or African heritage and residency in the UK along with a brief synopsis of the play. CV’s must include email, address and contact number) to:
The Alfred Fagon Award
Talawa Theatre Company
53-55 East Road
Along with an electronic copy of your play to email@example.com
Deadline: 29 July 2016 at 5pm