- Writers are encouraged to submit scripts of 10 minutes – either a self-contained piece or an excerpt from a longer play.
- 4 scripts are chosen. A cast breakdown is posted across various social media sites, inviting actors and directors to submit their CV, link to showreels etc. and a 75-word biog.
- The industry panel – drawn from experienced theatre directors, dramaturgs, literary managers, writing tutors, published playwrights etc. – offers constructive feedback and advice for each piece.
- Cast and director meet on the night, with 1½ hours to rehearse. It’s amazing what’s achieved in the time!
- The event is all about the writing – the panel’s comments are addressed directly to the writer, and audience discussion is encouraged.
- And the event is also about meeting people. After the readings we move to the bar area for the Page to Stage social. (The venue has pub grub, cask ales etc.)
Please be sure that you can attend on the day – the evening is all about the feedback and responses to your work.
What to submit:
- Tip 1: Scripts should have 2-4 characters, and be suitable for performance as a rehearsed reading in a small playing area.
- Tip 2: The actors who apply to Page to Stage always comprise more female than male, with a broad age range.
How to apply: Submitting your script is easy:
(i) Email Miranda Harrison to request the short submission form. Email address: Page2Stage@gmx.com
(ii) Send the completed form plus your script to the same email address.
Deadline: Thursday 31 March 2016
Source: Playwriting UK Facebook Group