The Pleasance is launching Litmus Fest a new annual RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT festival at Pleasance Islington.
During the month of August, the Pleasance relocates to Edinburgh to run our 23 performance spaces at the Festival Fringe, so often London becomes a maintenance hub. This year they would like it to become a hive of R&D activity for theatre companies looking to develop new work and new ways of working. The findings of this development period will then be presented on both our Main House and StageSpace stages from Monday 19th September 2016 for one week.
Are you developing a new show? Do you need a safe space to try out a new way of working? Would you benefit from the opportunity to present your findings in front of an audience? If so, then Litmus Fest may well be for you…
What you get:
The Pleasance are offering:
- 2 weeks of development time in either the New Room, White Room or StageSpace (subject to availability, and can be spread out between the 8th August and 18th September or booked in one chunk)
- 2 days of technical experimentation during the week beginning 19th September
- 1 day to get in, tech and dress the show followed by 2 public performances
- Access to a duty technician who will oversee and support your technical time with us (you will still need to provide your own technician/operator though)
- Guidance and mentoring from the Pleasance team
What to submit: Companies who are part of the festival will provide:
- A need to develop a specific part of their practice
- A 30-60mins work-in-progress performance for the public, to be presented for 2 nights during week beginning Mon 19th Sept
- Any props or set pieces needed for their performance
- A technician/operator for their performance
How to apply: Applications can be made via their online application form.
Deadline: Monday 16 May 2016 at 10am
Source: Pleasance Theatre Email List