The Arch and Bruce Foundation is currently accepting submissions for its 2016 Playwriting Competition.
What to submit: All works must concern LGBT (lesbian-gay-bisexual-transgender) life and be based on, or directly inspired by, a historical person, culture, work of art or event. See What Is Historical? for more information.
All works submitted (full–length dramas, comedies, musicals, screenplays) must be original and in English. One work per author, please. There is no entry fee.
What you get: Prizewinners will be chosen before the end of the year. Prizes are as follows: First Prize, $3,000; Second Prize, $1,500; Honorable Mentions, $500.
How to apply: The following guidelines are for electronic submissions, which are preferred (although hardcopy guidelines can also be found on their website.
- Manuscripts should be in standard play or screenplay format, using a 12-point or larger font, and saved as a .doc, .docx or PDF.
- The first page must include the title, your name, email address, mailing address and phone number.
- If the work you are submitting has been produced in any form (workshop, staged reading, full production), please include a brief production history. On a separate page, explain briefly how the work relates to LGBT life, describing its historical inspiration.
- Page numbers should appear on every page.
- In the case of musicals, audio segments should be sent separately as MP3 files and limited to 10 minutes. We will request more if necessary.
Email submissions to: email@example.com
Deadline: 31 May 2016