Channel 4 is seeking a Script Editor for Hollyoaks. The role is principally required to support the Commissioning Editor in ensuring delivery and quality control across all Hollyoaks scripts and storylines.
• To ensure that all script and storyline materials are read and responded to within an appropriate amount of time.
• To attend script and story conferences.
• To prepare clear notes on scripts, storylines and shooting scripts and to ensure that they are effectively and sensitively communicated to the production company’s editorial team.
• To ensure that all scripts, storylines and finished episodes are compliant with C4 editorial policy and the Ofcom code.
• To compile notes on fine cuts of episodes to ensure that the integrity of storylines and compliance notes are observed and to exercise overall quality control where required.
• To find and develop new writing and directing talent and to ensure that C4’s policies on diversity are observed in these endeavours.
• To maintain a clear and good working relationship with Lime Pictures and the Hollyoaks production through a regular telephone dialogue and frequent visits to the production.
Essential requirements (Knowledge/Skills/Experience):
• Previous experience of drama production and script editing in television, ideally on a soap or drama series.
• Experience of script reading and writing script notes at speed – with an ability to demonstrate sound editorial judgement and sensitivity, both verbally and on paper.
• Resilience and stamina to sustain performance when under pressure from tight schedules, deadlines and conflicting priorities.
• A sympathetic understanding of script writers and the script writing process.
• The ability to interpret editorial intentions, and to contribute to the generation of ideas and the resolution of script problems.
• The ability to communicate information effectively to a wide range of production and non-production personnel, internal and external to Channel 4.
• Experience of handling confidential and/or controversial information with tact and sensitivity.
• A high degree of motivation and the ability to set own priorities and be self-directing.
• Effective time-management and organisational skills and the ability to exercise initiative and work independently.
• The ability to adopt a flexible approach, manage a variable workload and adapt to the different styles of the various writers and the production team.
How to apply: Applications can be made online through this website.
Deadline: 30 April 2015
Source: IdeasTap Jobs