The Courtyard has announced that the 7th King’s Cross Award for New Writing has been launched, and entries will be accepted between now and the closing date of 30th June 2015.
The Award, which is open to writers of all levels of experience resident in the UK or Republic of Ireland, seeks imaginative, original work, which explores the unique possibilities of writing for the stage. Scripts must be unpublished and currently unperformed.
Fee: The Entry Fee is £10 per play (payable to The CTTC LTD).
Prize: The winning playwright is awarded a £5,000 cash prize, as well as a staged, rehearsed reading.
What to submit:
- Up to two full-length plays may be entered per writer (no e-mail entries, no radio-plays or TV scripts)
- Unpublished and unperformed scripts only (plays which have had rehearsed readings ARE allowed but this must be disclosed upon submission)
- The Entry Fee is £10 per play (payable to The CTTC LTD)
- Plays must be typed or word-processed and clearly laid out with pages numbered
- Title page must include writer’s name and full contact details (including e-mail address). PLEASE DO NOT INCLUDE ANY INFORMATION WHICH COULD IDENTIFY THE WRITER ON ANY OTHER PAGE OF SCRIPT.
- Include two SAEs: one for acknowledgement of entry and one for return of script (with correct postage)
How to apply: Entries may be sent, marked “Courtyard Award 2015” and accompanied by a £10 entry fee (made payable to CTTC LTD) and a large SAE for return of script, to:
THE COURTYARD THEATRE, BOWLING GREEN WALK, 40 PITFIELD STREET, LONDON, N1 6EU
Deadline: 30 June 2015
Source: Courtyard Theatre Website