The Bread & Roses Theatre is a new fringe theatre venue in Clapham, South London. For their 2015 Playwriting Competition, they are now looking for a one-act-play to be produced by their in-house theatre company as part of the Clapham Fringe in September 2015.
What to submit:
- Length: 45-65 minutes
- Cast: No more than 4 actors & at least an equal amount of female roles
- Set: Needs to be written for, or realistically doable with, a basic set-up
- Theme: “We are not looking for a specific topic or theme, but a great gem of a script with the potential to take further”
- a short professional production run as part of the Clapham Fringe in September 2015 at The Bread & Roses Theatre
- £50 prize (plus a share of profits, if any are made)
How to apply:
- Fill in your application through the form on their website (scroll to the bottom of the page) or send details to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title ‘Clapham Fringe Scripts’.
- There is no fee to enter, but they are not able to give feedback on, or reasons for, scripts not selected.
- Scripts must be submitted in word or pdf format only. Scripts submitted in other formats will not be considered.
- Writers of any background and experience are welcome to apply.
- Scripts must not have been staged or published (though it’s fine if they’ve had rehearsed readings or extracts presented).
- Writers previously featured at one of the Bread & Roses’ short play nights, The Platform , are welcome to enter the playwriting competition as well and will have the same chances of winning as everyone else.
- They are not looking for scripts with a cast, director and/or a production team already attached.
- Deadline for submissions is 12pm (UK time) on 30th April 2015 and no exception will be made, including technical difficulties, so make sure to submit in time!
Deadline: 30 April 2015 at noon
Source: Playwriting UK Facebook Group