NTC Touring Theatre Company has received funding from ACE Grants for the Arts to produce ‘4THOUGHTS’: MYTH, MUSIC, MAYHEM AND MIRTH – An evening of 4 short new plays which will tour the Northern Region in March 2015 and seeks writers of new plays/musicals.
Writers may have had some professional productions of their work or may be complete beginners, this is an open competition process.
- The 4 successful writers will have the opportunity to see their work professionally produced and will be paid an inclusive fee of £1,000.
- Plays must last no longer than a half hour
- Plays must be suitable to tour to intergenerational village hall audiences 15+ as well as theatre audiences.
- Plays will be for 6 actors 3m 3f, (though more characters are possible with doubling) 2 of the actors will be trainees most likely under 25 and 2 parts should be written for older actors (50-60).
- Plays will be directed by Gillian Hambleton, Artistic Director of NTC.
- Selected playwrights will be mentored and supported by published playwright and novelist Ann Coburn.
- Plays/musicals will reflect the maxim that ‘specificity breeds universality’ Miro, and NTC’s mission statement, whilst continuing to push the boundaries of theatre.
How to apply :For further detailed information go to www.northumberlandtheatre.co.uk
Then submit the following information:
- a one page synopsis of your idea for the half hour play/musical (please note if you are chosen to work on this project, they cannot guarantee your idea will be produced, you may need to modify it to ensure it fits in with the whole project)
- The first 20 pages of a script you have previously written
- A writing CV or reason why writing a play is important to you at this moment.
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 29 October 2014
Source: Arts Council Jobs Page