The Book Pipeline Competition, presented by Script Pipeline, is searching for playwrights and authors with material well-suited for film or television adaptation. The winning writer will have meetings withEnergy Entertainment (Extant), Benderspink (We’re the Millers, A History of Violence), Lakeshore Entertainment (Million Dollar Baby), and Paradigm to discuss further development.
After 12 seasons running the successful Script Pipeline Screenwriting Competition, the 1st Annual Book Pipeline Contest aims to continue discovering new talent and delivering unique, compelling stories to the industry–with the specific intent of getting projects on the fast-track to production.
Entry fee: $50 per submission.
What you get: Winners and finalists are eligible for the following:
- Entrance to the Book Pipeline event in Santa Monica, CA in November 2014, where one winner is announced (finalists chosen will range from 2-8) The event will include representatives from Energy Entertainment, Benderspink, and Paradigm.
- $1,000 cash to winning entry
- Airfare to attend the Book Pipeline event (or $500 airfare reimbursement for international finalists)
- Additional development assistance and consultation from Script Pipeline executives
What to submit: Acceptable entries include:
- Novels (fiction or non-fiction)
- Book Proposals / Pitches
- Graphic Novels
*Books and graphic novels may be published or unpublished; if published, the film AND television rights must be available
Supplemental materials (illustrations, character bios, etc.) may be included as well. All entries are judged on the basis of concept originality, writing ability, and the project’s viability of adaptation into a film or television property.
How to apply: Applications can be made online through their website:
Finalists will be announced 15 November 2014.
Deadline: 15 September 2014