Applications to the 2021 TV Drama Writers’ Programme are open from Friday 26th June 2020 to 12 noon on Monday 20th July 2020 for credited and/or agented writers.
- Writers must have at least ONE professionally produced piece of work, minimum of 30 minutes in length, in television, radio, theatre or film. Novels are ineligible and will not be accepted. ALTERNATIVELY writers must have an agent, supplying address and contact details.
- Writers are asked to submit an original spec script (minimum 50 pages) and a one-page pitch outlining a potential series or serial idea for BBC One, BBC Two or BBC Three. The original spec script can be film, theatre, television or radio – any medium except for novels.
- The pitch needs to be a different idea from the spec script. It should be as distinctive as possible, bearing in mind the current, competitive TV landscape in the UK and abroad.
- The aim of the Programme is to give writers their first original television drama series or serial commission.
- Writers must not have an original idea in development (beyond treatment stage) with BBC Television Drama. Writers in development outside the BBC are eligible to apply.
- Writers must not have had a previous original series or serial commission from BBC One, BBC Two or BBC Three.
- Writers must demonstrate a burning desire to write television drama.
How to apply:
- Writers will need to submit their CV highlighting produced credit or credits, an original spec script and a one page pitch (all saved as PDF) via the BBC Writersroom E-Submissions System only. The spec scripts should be original, full-length (minimum 50 pages) and not episodes of an existing drama series.
- To make their submissions, writers must submit (PDF only) via the BBC Writersroom using this link
E-Submissions System – https://writersroom.external.bbc.co.uk/opportunity/171
Find out more here.
Deadline: Monday 20 July 2020 at 12pm
Source: BBC Writersroom