Tamasha is now seeking submissions for its next Scratch event on Friday, 20 June 2014 at Rich Mix, E1. Scratch nights provide an opportunity for artists to showcase their work in a professional setting to a public audience. This enables the artists to test out their work and to receive feedback to further develop their ideas.
The next Scratch event has an open call inviting artists to submit theatrical, visual or written pieces on any theme. They are looking for scenes and stories that are bold, exciting and new.
This opportunity is open to artists from all backgrounds. Artists are encouraged to submit works in mediums such as video, animation and photography as well as new writing for theatre. Successful submissions will be showcased during the Scratch evening and those that are ‘online friendly’ will also be considered for the Tamasha Online Gallery.
Tamasha can offer: • support and mentoring if necessary to realise written pieces into a public performance • access to rehearsal space if required (subject to availability) • increased exposure by marketing your involvement via our email database and social media • the opportunity to get audience feedback on your work • the opportunity to network with peers at the end of the event
Submissions should be: • Existing work or work in progress, which will be ready for public viewing on 20 June, 2014. • No more than 15 minutes in duration (either a complete piece or an extract from a longer piece). Performances in particular may involve a cast of no more than 3 characters (monologues that are character driven, and reveal a narrative beneath, are encouraged) • A piece that requires minimal technical set-up. Please keep it simple!
If you are interested in submitting your piece, please send:
- An outline of the work that you would like to be considered – please include: the length of the work; any previous public showings or performances etc. (maximum 500 words)
- A statement on what you hope to get out of taking part in the Scratch (maximum 500 words)
- A draft copy of the work (while there will be time for editing/re-working upon inclusion in the scratch, the quality of the work is of primary importance).
- Any film, animation, photographs or other visually-based submissions should be sent through a link (eg. through Vimeo, YouTube, or Flickr). Please do not send any visual material via email.
- A current CV
All submissions must:
- Be broadly consistent with Tamasha’s vision as a company
- Be accompanied by a separate application for each piece (applicants may enter more than one work)
- Include a completed Data Form which you can download here>
- Be submitted to email@example.com with the subject ‘June Scratch’
Deadline: Friday 9 May, midday.