Creative Youth are looking for new work to for their Creative Youth Scratch Night to be held in a new and exciting space in Kingston. Successful applicants will receive a set fee to present their work at the event, a safe space to trial new work in front of a live audience, and feedback on their work.
What they are looking for?
- At least 1 member of the company & performer in the piece must be under the age of 27 at the time of applying.
- This opportunity is only open to emerging or early career artists/companies
- No more than 15 minutes in duration.
- The piece has to show potential it can be extended into a full-length piece, with a possibility of performing in their International Youth Arts Festival 2020 (3 – 12 July)
- You can present an idea from any art form. However, this event is not just for theatre, they are particularly interested in underrepresented art forms such as dance, physical theatre, music, circus, stand-up comedy, short films, etc. If you are entering with a piece of theatre, they are focusing on pieces that incorporate one of the following elements, physical theatre, dance, live music or circus.
- They are particularly keen to support emerging artists/companies from disadvantaged socio-economic backgrounds, who identify as D/deaf and disabled or are focused on D/deaf and disability, and/or those who identify as BAME (black, asian or minority ethnic) and LGBTQ+ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, +)
- Must have availability on the 28 March and potentially the evening of the 3 April
How to apply?
Deadline: Midnight Friday 28th February 2020
Source: Direct Contact