What is it?
Sunderland Culture’s Great Place Unify programme culminates in 2020 with the presentation of a community play that gathers Sunderland’s communities dreams for the future of the city.
As a first step in this project, Sunderland Culture wishes to commission a north east based playwright to work with local residents and community groups to write a new play based on their hopes, dreams and aspirations for the future of the city. The play will be performed by a community cast with the support of a professional production team in September 2020.
A fee of £6,110 will be payable to cover all preparatory research, including that conducted with local residents, and delivery of script.
How to apply?
Please email the following to Corinne.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your CV and any additional information highlighting your track record in writing for the
stage, especially any experience in writing community plays or plays for large cast
- A statement about your initial response to the theme suggested by the title “Pursuers of
- Your ideas of how you would work with individuals and community groups in collecting
stories, ideas, hopes and aspirations and how you may use those ideas
- What ideas you may have for the community chorus
- Examples of previous work written for the stage
- Any press reviews, feedback, testimonials regarding previous plays
For more information follow the link and click on the PDF: https://sunderlandculture.org.uk/about-us/opportunities/
Deadline: 5pm 31st January 2020
Interviews: w/c 16th February 2020