Actor Awareness are looking for beginners and emerging playwrights alike for the staging of their third consecutive year of new writing nights. Wanting to kick off 2020 with a bang, the theme for the first night is Class.
As it will be part of their ongoing partnership with Spotlight, it is a paid opportunity, taking place in spotlight’s studios in the heart of London’s West End.
What are the rules?
- The story must be about Class but the interpretation of that theme is down to you.
- Applicants can be any gender, age, ethnicity, sexuality, etc, no restrictions.
- The piece can be no longer than 15 mins.
- Maximum 3 actors per show, plus the writer/ director, so 4 members in total for each group.
- They are looking for 4 pieces of new writing. It can be new scripts, monologues, extracts of longer pieces, duologues, etc.
When is it?
The date of the show will be the 10th February and there will be an industry panel giving feedback. Previous panelists have included award winning writers such as Anna Jordan & Jon Brittain, casting directors such as Heather Basten, Suzanne Smith & Daniel Edwards, agents such as BWH Cole Kitchen, Simon & How.
How to apply?
Send your all submissions to: email@example.com
Please only attach your script, your name and a short synopsis of the piece, but nothing else, no CV, as they like blind casting.
Deadline: 12 January 2020 at midnight
Source: PLAYWRITING UK Facebook Group