Sharp Scratches is back for 2020, with the first of many scratches being ‘Transforming the Narrative’ putting Transgender and Non-binary writers and performers centre stage.
They are looking for:
- Play scripts or spoken word poetry no longer than 15 minutes running time.
- Pieces with a cast size of maximum 3.
- Writers who identify as non-binary or transgender, or whose scripts involve transgender or non-binary characters with LGBTQ+ themes.
- Writers who are at any stage of their career, looking to see their work up on stage and brought to life by their team!
How to submit:
- Send your piece to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line being the Title of the piece
- Include a short bio of why you are applying and who you are as a writer, along with a short synopsis of the piece or section you have attached. Emails with no body to them will be immediately discarded.
- If you are submitting a section of a script, please identify which pages you are submitting as they do not have the resources to read ENTIRE scripts and pick sections.
- If you have a cast in mind or already attached to the project, they are open to working with this so just let them know in the submission email.
About the night:
- Sharp Scratches has successfully run sold out shows at Theatre Deli for over a year. It is a new writing night devoted to highlighting important topics, and creating a buzz around new work. They are here to offer guidance, support and development to writers. The night hosts around 7 pieces of new work, and then an optional feedback session for writers at the end from the audience.
Deadline: 30December 2019 at 10pm
Source: BBC Writersroom