Lovers of scary stories, unite. Storytellers from across the Horrorfest and beyond will share their worst (or should that be best?) nightmares at Blackshaw Theatre’s fifth annual Scare Slam at London’s Pleasance Theatre on Friday 11th October.
Prepare yourself for a night of chilling tales from both sides of the line of veracity.
What they are looking for:
- 8 minutes maximum per piece (they have a tight time limit and loads of scares to pack in)
- Notes can be used
- These are solo readings or monologues, which could be a scary story or anecdote, a poem, an extract from a play, film, or book – anything you like.
- You can only submit your own writing
- They encourage writers to read their own work (but writers can work with an actor if they prefer)
- No tech: they will provide the spooky atmosphere…
- They want to see you on the night, so UK based applicants only please.
This is an unpaid opportunity but you’re very welcome to use it as a chance to promote your own work/upcoming shows by plugging it in your intro (and they are happy for you to exit flyer the show).
Any questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 22 September 2019 at midday
Source: BBC Writersroom