***CALLING ALL WRITERS ***
Following great success with their Intergenerational Night the theme of the next Actor Awareness new writing night is ‘Mental Health’.
The rules are as follows:
- The interpretation of the theme is down to you but it has to be a story with themes of mental health.
- Applications are open to all regardless of age, gender etc.
- The piece can be no longer than 15 minutes.
- Maximum 3 actors per show, plus the writer/ director, so 4 members in total for each group.
- They are looking for 4 pieces of new writing. It can be new scripts, monologues, extracts of longer pieces, duologues, etc.
It will be part of the Actor Awareness partnership with Spotlight, so it is a paid opportunity, taking place in Spotlight’s studios in the heart of London’s West End.
They always have an industry panel in on the night to give you feedback. This has included award winning writers, casting directors, agents and others.
The date of the show will be October 14th.
How to apply: send all submissions to Actor Awareness firstname.lastname@example.org
Please only attach your script, your name and a short synopsis of the piece, nothing else, no CV, they like blind casting.
Deadline: 15 September 2019 at midnight
Source: BBC Writersroom