The BAFTA Rocliffe New Writing Forum is currently open to submissions for TV Drama. The Rocliffe Forum is a BAFTA-supported initiative that has connected scores of aspiring British writers and filmmakers with agents, development executives and established industry members such as Greg Daniels, Andy Harries, Sue Perkins, Jenni Konner, Christine Langan, Mike Newell, Julian Fellowes, Phil Rosenthal, Elizabeth Karlsen, John Madden, Richard Eyre, David Morrissey and David Parfitt.
What to submit: Check their Terms & Conditions for full guidelines. They ask that writers prepare the following materials:
- A complete electronic email entry form via the Application Form
- Proof of payment such as like PayPal
- Industry relevant biography (100 words). It can say ‘This is my first script’ – we love discovering new talent. This should be on a single page with your name and application number.
- Short synopsis – 25 words
- Treatment or outline of the series or show (500 words max)
- Character breakdown of featured characters (50-100 words per character)
- Up to 6 episode guides: min 3 max 6 (50 words per episode)
- Introduction to extract that sets the scene (100 words)
- 10 page extract of the script (you may spill onto the 11th page to end a scene), typed and formatted to industry standards. Script pages should be numbered 1-10. Do not send full scripts.
- Script extracts should be typed and follow standard script format. For information on formats, we recommend you look at BBC Writersroom.
- No personal details to appear on materials except on biography page. The application number should appear on support material should be no more than 2.5 to 3 pages (excluding biography) and arranged in the following order: Biography, Logline, Treatment, Episode Guides, Character Breakdown, Introduction, Script.
How to apply:
- APPLICATION FORM: Fill in an online application form which generates your application number.
- APPLICATION NUMBER – a ten digit application number is emailed to the address listed. If you don’t receive an email within 30 mins, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- PAY ONLINE: Using the dropdown menu for the required entry fee and enter your submission – or Send a CHEQUE to Rocliffe Ltd.
- SEND: By the appropriate deadline postal / hand delivered entry by 17.00 or electronic entry by midnight on final date.
- ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF ENTRIES WILL BE EMAILED ONE WEEK AFTER EACH DEADLINE TO THE MAIN WRITER.
Fee: Final Entry fee is £11 for hard copies (posted or hand delivered) or £21 for email submissions. They charge one submission fee per script. There is no maximum submission per writer, however each submission will incur an entry fee.
Deadline: 10 March 2014 (*listed as 8 March on the PDF, but we contacted them to confirm and deadline was extended by two days)