Lost Souls is looking for monologues on the theme of ‘Lost Soul’ for a new storytelling podcast.
The premise is totally open to your interpretation, but it should address the idea that at some point in our lives – maybe briefly every day – we’re all a little bit lost in the world. The rest is up to you.
What they are looking for:
- The monologue should be between five and twenty minutes long.
- The monologues should be fictitious, but can be inspired by real life.
- Please provide a brief paragraph of previous writing experience, if any (experience is not a prerequisite!).
- Submissions are limited to one per writer until the next call out.
- If writers are submitting a piece that they would also like to perform, please provide a link to your Spotlight CV and voice reel.
- If selected, writers will receive £25 for their work. Copyright remains with the author. The fee covers usage for a maximum period of two years. Further details on the agreement are in the proposed contract.
Who they are looking for:
Any writer is welcome to submit, but priority will be given to writers who are only just starting out and/or have had limited professional exposure.
They would especially like to encourage late-career writers. That is, writers who have come to writing a few years into another career and are looking for a low-pressure environment in which to try something out.
Find out more on the website
How to submit: Please send your monologue to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 17 April 2019
Source: direct contact