Slackline Productions is now accepting submissions for Slackline Stories, a new writing night to be held in London (at an exciting location soon to be announced!!) on 26 May, 2019.
Slackline wants to redress the balance in the stories being told and who’s telling them- working with female-identifying writers to offer new-writing plays that have female characters at their heart, focusing most specifically on stories of women aged 35+.
What they are looking for:
- – Playwrights who identify as female
- – 10-15 minute plays or excerpts of plays
- – 2-3 handers
- – At least one strong female character aged 35+
- – Great stories- the plays don’t have to be political, nor do they have to be female-only. We love an uplifting story, even if the content is sad/dramatic/difficult. We also love things a bit edgy!
- – Time in a rehearsal room with actors and a director
- – Your script performed for an audience (with the chance to ask for audience feedback on the night if you choose)
- – Written audience feedback to be collected by Slackline on the evening
- – An established industry mentor (they have some amazing ones on board and will announce them soon!)
How to submit:
Please send submissions to submissions@
Deadline: 31 March or until they have 150 scripts, whichever comes first, so don’t delay!
Source: direct contact