Home… Have you found it? Has it found you?..
What is home? Is it a place? A building? A person? A community? A feeling?
Ever felt familiar in the unfamiliar? Or unfamiliar in the familiar…?
How many of us are searching for home?
Are we all?
What they are looking for:
- Stories that explore the theme and idea of home, and what home is and means to the characters. Have they found it? Are they searching for it?
- 5-7 minute monologues, duologues or short plays for up to 5 characters
- They are interested in stories where characters are exploring and exposing personal questions, ideas and life circumstances, so that this play ‘Home’ reflects a diverse range of stories and voices on what home is. What journey are the characters on and how will our audience be challenged and moved by their story?
- They encourage writers to think outside of the box and to think about our current political and social climate.
- As a company they are drawn to theatre and stories that move audiences, evoke emotion, be that through laughter or tears…
- They are looking for a range of comedy and drama.
- They also do love a good twist (but this is not essential).
How to apply: scripts will be read as they are sent in. Please send scripts in PDF format to email@example.com.
More info can be found on the website.
Deadline: 20 March 2019 at 11pm
Source: BBC Writersroom