Hello, my name is… festival is a week-long theatre festival in June 2019 for the socially and politically underrepresented. The festival is produced in conjunction with CentrE17, located in Waltham Forest, London’s Borough of Culture for 2019.
“We want to champion the silent scream, the urgent, untold and frustratingly absent voices in London theatre. If you have a script or a production that sheds light on deep-seated problems or side-lined issues in today’s society, email us at email@example.com now!”
Since its inception in 2017, CentrE17 has played host to multiple successful political and feminist theatre festivals and important charity initiatives like Canned Laughter, a food and fundraising comedy night with some of the biggest comedy names in the UK!
- Writers of any background and experience level are welcome, including international writers, as well as writers with BAME and/or LGBTQ+ backgrounds.
- They accept straight plays, comedies, devised pieces about urgent and under-represented work in contemporary society.
- Shows can be ready to go or completely new material .
- Running time: 55 to 70 minutes
What you get:
- Free performance space in a 120-seater theatre in CentrE17, Waltham Forest’s main theatre, located 5 minutes away from Walthamstow tube station (Waltham Forest is London’s Borough of Culture 2019).
- Box office split .
- Production fee to subsidise costs .
- Half a day of technical rehearsal .
- 2 performance dates and times .
- Free marketing and PR support .
- Complimentary industry night networking event invites with free refreshments .
- Dramaturgy session for writers.
How to apply: send submissions (script/video) to: firstname.lastname@example.org with title of play as the subject line – Include a short synopsis and a short bio of yourself/your company
Deadline: 25 March 2019
Interviews will be held during mid- to late April. The festival will be held in July 2019
Source: direct contact