The Actor Awareness Women’s Night was a huge success: a sold out audience, 4 incredible pieces of new writing and an industry panel with casting directors and an award winning writer for feedback.
With the amazing work going on in their Working Class Season in the Tristan Bates theatre at the moment, they want to find some more working class stories. So the theme for their next event is Class.
- The interpretation of the theme is down to you but it has to a story with themes of class.
- Applicants can be any gender, age, ethnicity, sexuality, etc, no restrictions.
- The piece can be no longer than 15 mins.
- Maximum 3 actors per show, plus the writer/ director, so 4 members in total for each group.
- They are looking for 4 pieces of new writing.
- It can be new scripts, monologues, extracts of longer pieces, duologues, etc.
This will be part of the Actor Awareness partnership with Spotlight, so it is a paid opportunity, taking part in their studios in the heart of the West End.
“We always have an industry panel in aswell on the night to give you feedback. Previously we have had award winning writers such as Anna Jordan & Jon Brittain, casting directors such as Suzanne Smith & Daniel Edwards, agents such as Cole Kitchen & Simon and How, plus many more.”
The date of the show will be 14 April 2019
How to apply: send all submissions to the Actor Awareness new writing producer Stephanie Perry at email@example.com for your submission entry.
Please only attach your script, your name and a short synopsis of the piece, nothing else, no CV, they like blind casting. Also please don’t bombard them with questions that have already been outlined in this post.
Deadline: 17 March 2019
Source: Playwriting UK Facebook Group