Down Stage Write are looking for Devon and Cornwall based writers to submit scripts for their latest short play production.
Down Stage Night: Astor 100 is an evening of four new short plays written in response to the one hundred year anniversary of Nancy Astor becoming the first sitting female member of Parliament.
These brand new pieces will be directed and performed by professionals from the region.
- Written in response to Astor 100
- 10-20 minutes long (as a guide 1 page = 1.5 minutes)
- Written for the stage
- For one or two actors
- In a recognised theatre script format
- A complete short play NOT an extract
- Please only one submission per writer
- You must be a writer based in Devon or Cornwall.
Plays will be read and shortlisted by their artistic and Directors team. Each writer will receive a short paragraph of feedback.
What you get: the final selected writers will get to develop the script with the support of their team before going into rehearsal for the performances and be paid a commission fee of £150 each.
The project is supported using public funding by Arts Council England.
How to apply: for more information or to receive their call out pack email them on email@example.com
Deadline: 28 February 2019
Source: BBC Writersroom