Script Space is a new writing competition that comes from the same place as the Tobacco Factory Theatres programme. The intention is to surprise, challenge and inspire the audience.
About the Prize: The prize offers the opportunity to explore your play and take it to the next stage of its development in collaboration with their experts.
This development could include:
- Intensive dramaturgical support
- Round-table work with performers
- Time and space with a director and performers
- Time and space with a creative team, including musician/composer and lighting designer
- Invited audience script-in-hand readings
- Entrants must be over 18 and based in the UK.
- Your play must never have been produced.
- Only one submission per person, please.
What to submit: Writers must submit a full length play in PDF or Word format. They are looking for plays about anything, by anybody, for any audience. They are seeking out writers who’ve got something that speaks to us about our lives today, about the world in which we live – be it the absurdity, tragedy or the beauty of it – with clarity, intention and heart.
How to apply: Please send a single Word or PDF attachment (no CVs or synopses, please) to email@example.com, putting the play title in the subject box and including your full name, address and contact details in the email.
Please also include a separate covering letter (of around a paragraph) detailing what you would hope to get from Script Space should your application is successful.
Entries will be judged anonymously, so please don’t include your name on the script itself.
Deadline: 31 March 2014
Source: BBC Writersroom