Applications are open for agency-represented writers who would like to become Dancing Ledge Productions’ 2019 Writer in Residence.
The selected writer receives a £6,000 bursary, a desk, computer and phone at their offices in London’s Notting Hill, as well as regular feedback on their work, access to writers associated with the company and invites to industry events and in-house development meetings.
Who can apply:
- The writer should have at least one script produced in theatre or radio or short film
- A maximum of one script produced on TV or in film
- Agency representation
- The deadline for submissions is Monday 15th October 2018
- A shortlist will be announced by Friday 16th November and meetings held with the shortlisted writers at the end of November.
- A winner will be announced on Wednesday 5th December.
During the residency the writer will be free to work on whatever they choose, and to come into the office as much or as little as they wish, but they must commit to writing and developing a pilot episode script for a TV Series (drama or comedy).
Dancing Ledge Productions will have a first look to option the script on terms to be agreed in good faith.
The first look will expire at the end of the residency.
How to apply: Please send your CV and up to two writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 15 October 2018
Source: BBC Writersroom