East 15 Acting School is looking to produce a new writing play as part of their series of BA Acting final year performances in May/June next year. This play will be performed a minimum of two times at a London theatre during the summer 2015 term by a company of final year BA Acting students. The competition is open to IdeasTap members aged 18 and over.
The winning playwright will receive:
- An opportunity to see a large-scale, professionally-trained cast perform their work
- An opportunity to see their work directed by a professional director and supported by a professional technical crew
- An opportunity to be involved in the workshopping and dramaturgical development of the play as it moves towards production
- An opportunity to showcase your work to the industry in a minimum of two performances for which they will receive two free tickets per performance
- They will receive a performance rights fee of £75 per show
The runner-up will win:
- An opportunity to have their play workshopped for three days by a professional director and the final year BA Acting students.
10 IdeasTap members (including the winner and runner-up) will receive:
- The opportunity to attend a day-long playwriting/dramaturgy workshop with an industry expert
Only examples of new writing will be considered. Screenplays, treatments, radio plays, prose, poetry or scripts for non-live performance will not be considered.
Your play should be no shorter than one hour, and no longer than 90 minutes in duration.
Your play must feature a minimum of six and maximum of 14 good roles. Doubling will be possible. By “good”, we mean roles that will provide actors with a challenge, not necessarily lead roles.
When selecting a play to submit, be mindful of the fact that the majority of performers will be in their early- to mid/late 20s.
How to apply: applications must be made through IdeasTap. you”ll find application details plus full terms and conditions on the website.
Deadline: 12pm on Wednesday 30 April 2014
Source: IdeasTap Creatvie Briefs page.