Do you have a passion for theatre and a love of new plays? This year for the first time ever the Bruntwood Prize for Playwriting, with the support of theatre critic Lyn Gardner, is looking for a passionate audience member to join them in the search for original and innovate new voices in drama.
The Bruntwood Prize for Playwriting is Europe’s largest playwriting prize and every two years launches a search for exciting new plays. From 2000 entries a short list of 10 plays reach the final judging process where an esteemed panel of judges from arts and media select the winning play, past judges have included Russell T Davis, Lucy Prebble, Meera Syal, Sir Nicholas Hytner, and Alfred Enoch. They are looking for a passionate theatre-goer based in the North West of England to join this panel for 2019. Could this be you?
What you get:
- A pair of free tickets for 5 productions over the year
- Standard pay as a Bruntwood Prize Judge- totalling £750
- All travel and accommodation expenses required to participate as a Bruntwood Prize Judge
- Free back catalogue of published Bruntwood Prize winning plays from publishers Nick Hern.
- Two workshops with Lyn Gardner, accompanying her to see a show and discussing with her on what to look out for and how to talk and write about scripts rather than fully formed productions.
- Administrative support in their role as Judge
How to enter: visit the website for full guidelines
Deadline: 1 October 2018 at 5pm