The Director’s Club at Director’s Cut are looking for 5-7 minute short plays, monologues or duologues that ask questions, or stimulate and provoke the audience to ask a question within themselves. Please read below for guidelines:
- Plays must be 5-7 minutes in length
- Monologues, duologues or short plays with no more than 4 characters
- The story and/or characters must ask a question (the question does not necessarily need to be said and there may be more than one question in the story)
- They encourage writers to ‘think outside of the box’
- They like twists (but this isn’t essential)
- They look for a selection of comical pieces and drama, and stories that move their audiences.
They are inviting the audience to step into the unknown, to come to a play they know nothing about…so what is it you would like to share with them? Why these questions? How might it make the audience think or reflect? How might it move them? How might it make them feel?
How to apply: please send your work in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. They will be reading submissions as they come in. The showcase ‘?’ takes places on Sunday 5th August at 7pm at Southwark Playhouse.
Deadline: 15 July 2018 at midday
Source: BBC Writersroom