The 5th Annual Book Pipeline Competition seeks material for film or television adaptation. Open to writers worldwide, the contest accepts any genre, fiction or non-fiction. Published and unpublished works are both acceptable. Every entrant will receive general feedback on their submission, specifically on the material’s adaptation potential, comments are emailed after final judging is completed in March 2019.
What to submit: Acceptable entries include:
- Graphic Novels and comics
- Book proposals or pitches (fiction or non-fiction)
- Short stories
Process and Requirements:
- For novels, novellas, and other full-length books: approximately the first 5,000 words + full synopsis (1-3 pages)
- For plays, graphic novels, proposals, and short stories: the complete manuscript + full synopsis (1-3 pages)
- Material may be published or unpublished; if published, the film AND television rights must be available.
- Book Pipeline does not take a percentage of any future option or sale of your work, and all rights remain with the author, regardless of their final placement in the competition.
- Any genre accepted, including children’s books and projects intended for animation.
- Supplemental materials (illustrations, character bios, etc.) are optional.
- Exclusive Deadline: April 15th, 2018 – $40/entry
- Regular Deadline: November 15th, 2018 – $65/entry
Grand Prize Winner
- Immediate and long-term circulation to top companies in the Book Pipeline and Script Pipeline network (see list below for companies receiving first look at the winner)
- Development assistance from Book Pipeline execs to help adapt the material into a screenplay, TV pilot, or pitch
- Additional review of other material for potential industry circulation
- Editorial write-up from Book Pipeline covering the winning submission
Finalists (2-8) and Winner
- Immediate and long-term circulation to top production companies and execs in the Book Pipeline and Script Pipeline network
- Additional review of other material and potential for industry circulation
- Consideration for industry circulation and personal development assistance from Script Pipeline executives
How to apply: For more information and to submit please go to http://bookpipeline.com/#submissioncriteria.
Deadline: 15 November 2018
Source: Bruntwood Opportunities