The Dukes is seeking to commission an experienced playwright for the creation of a dramatic text exploring the risks associated with child sexual exploitation. Funded by Lancashire Police Commissioning group, the project is a county-wide initiative to work across three divisions of Lancashire.
Supported by a Dukes creative facilitator, the writer will generate source material through interviews with those affected, frontline staff in health/justice and targeted youth engagements across Lancashire. They will then interpret this material to create engaging scenes to educate young people about the variety of ways in which abuse can take place whilst promoting healthy relationships.
Due to the nature of the project, specific awareness training in CSE and all travel expenses will be provided.
The chosen applicant will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check
What to submit:
- an example of your writing for performance (stage, radio or screen)
- a one page covering letter explaining:
- – why this project appeals to you
- – brief example of work with young people
- completed Equal Opportunities monitoring form – available from Jacqui Wilson email@example.com
Deadline: 15 January 2018 at 5pm
Source: BBC Writersroom