The Landor Space is back after a year of renovation! As part of their reopen, they are looking for play proposals for their Winter Season in January 2018
In their words: “We are looking to program new, innovative, interesting and ambitious performances from any kind (New writing, adaptations, performance art). We are truly dedicated
to find new voices and particularly interested to program shows the like of which we’ve never seen before that create new experiences for audiences. Yes, it is a broad definition therefore we encourage you to apply with your craziest ideas! Who
knows it might be exactly what we’re looking for. We have a beautiful new black box with a capacity of 80 seats which you can set as you desire.”
How it works: During the third week of November, The Landor Space will hold two presentation days where each project will be given a fifteen minute slot to present their idea, followed by an
informal chat with the team. You can show a scene, a sketch, a plan, a vision or you can simply tell them about it. If you have produced it in the past, they would like to see any documentation of the piece. They will then take a week to respond to every applicant with their decision.
The chosen productions will be invited again for booking by the end of November. They will announce the winter season within the first week of December. They are offering either a short run (from one evening to a whole week) or a full two/three weeks of performances, depending on your needs and their ability to facilitate it.
How to apply: Send your proposal to email@example.com.
Include the following:
1. Write max. 300 words about your performance. Please be specific, clear and explain what makes it distinctive. You will have a chance to expand on your proposal during your presentation.
2. Write max. 250 about the artist / company (cast, creative team and other collaborators) What do you do and why?
3. Please describe the technical elements of your show: running time, technical and set requirements, how many performances you wish to have and any other details you believe they should consider.
4. One page CV (of the main applicant, whoever they may be).
5. Supporting documentation – links to photos, reviews, videos (if you don’t have relevant documentation you can include documentation of previous work)
* Please make sure you have all the rights and permits to use any materials which demands so.
* Please make sure you have the agreement of all participants in your project before applying.
Deadline:13 November 2017 at 2pm.
Source: Word of mouth