[***Note: Ovalhouse currently has two similar postings open to submissions. To see the posting for the 13-18 year old group, click here.]
Ovalhouse Drama Company group are looking for a writer to participate in an open and collaborative writing process for their next project January – April 2015.
Drama Company was established five years ago in association with Ovalhouse and The Co-operative Foundation. This year’s group of 16 artists and performers aged 18-25 will use devising, performance and writing techniques to create a new piece of work that challenges the negative perceptions of young people. Working alongside director, Phil McCormack, whose previous work includes: National Theatre of Scotland, National Youth Theatre, Donmar Warehouse.
Building on an accomplished and successful scratch of devised material in December we are now looking for a writer to work collaboratively; writing for the performance and incorporating supporting text which is written by the company. The piece, titled ‘After All This’ will explore what we feel is defining our generation, both good and bad. Trying to work out what our roles are as young adults, figuring out what has been inherited and working out what can be made our own. Our aim is to create a high-quality, thought-provoking, accessible performance relevant to all.
Eligibility: Applicants should demonstrate:
- Any previous experiencing of working with and/or writing for emerging artists and performers
- Ability to work in a collaborative way and incorporate emerging artist’s ideas and opinions into a script
- An interest in young adults and issues that affect them
- The ability to represent young adults in a positive way through writing and challenging negative stereotypes
- The group meets every Wednesday evening: 5.20pm – 8.20pm from January 2015
- Full day workshops will take place from 13th April – 16th April
- Full day Dress rehearsal and tech on 24th April
- Performance Dates: 24th and 25th April
- NB: The writer would not be required for every workshop and rehearsal
How to apply: Please send Maeve, email@example.com a max 2 page CV and cover letter outlining why you are interested in this role and your experience of working with emerging artists. Please also include 1 sample of your writing.
Deadline: Friday 9 January 2015 at noon
Source: IdeasTap Jobs