The Lab Company aims to support the development of early career artists. They are looking for individuals who will be supported to form a theatre company and create a new performance piece in the Lab studio at the Theatre Royal Plymouth.
The project will provide:
• The chance to meet other artists, share ideas and start new collaborations
• Intensive training with the Theatre Royal Plymouth’s Staff Director
• Access to Theatre Royal Plymouth facilities
• Workshops with some of the best theatre companies in the country (Told by an Idiot, Frantic Assembly etc)
• Professional advice, signposting and mentoring by industry professionals
• A supported opportunity to create and show a new piece of theatre in a professional environment
• Employment opportunities at the Theatre Royal Plymouth
• Expenses for Lab Company workshop/rehearsal days
Who is it for?
Early Career Artists aged 18-30. This is ideal for recent graduates, those taking a gap year or those in part time employment.
Applications are welcomed from performers in the main, but there will also be a limited number of opportunities for those skills in dramaturgy, writing, directing, producing, theatre design and music. We are looking to form an ensemble company so all should be prepared to try everything.
When does it take place?
Sept 17-July 18, mostly Thursday mornings and all day Fridays during term time. There will also be 2 intensive weeks in the year.
How do I get involved?
Application forms are available on our website or contact email@example.com
Deadline: 30 June 2017 at 9am (Auditions: 17th – 19th July)
Source: Liverpool Everyman Newsletter